Rafael Nadal. (AP Picture)
PARIS: Rafael Nadal‘s hard-fought win in Barcelona on the weekend sees the Spaniard changing Daniil Medvedev as world No. 2 behind Novak Djokovic within the ATP rankings launched on Monday.
The 34-year-old Mallorcan, who gained on Catalan clay for the twelfth time in his profession, is 110 factors forward of Medvedev.
It was Nadal’s 61st title on clay, extending his document on the floor — the subsequent most profitable participant on the floor is the Argentinian Guillermo Vilas who gained 49 — and he’ll once more begin as favorite for the French Open which begins at Roland Garros on Might 30.
Stefanos Tsitsipas of Greece, overwhelmed within the last in Barcelona by Nadal after having a match level, stays in fifth, behind the Austrian Dominic Thiem.
Spaniard Pablo Carreno is as much as twelfth on the expense of Belgian David Goffin whereas 19-year-old Italian Jannik Sinner, who misplaced to Tsitsipas within the semi-finals in Barcelona, has climbed to 18th, the very best rating of his younger profession.
AFP rankings as of April 26:
1. Novak Djokovic (SRB) 11963 pts
2. Rafael Nadal (ESP) 9810 (+1)
3. Daniil Medvedev (RUS) 9700 (-1)
4. Dominic Thiem (AUT) 8365
5. Stefanos Tsitsipas (GRE) 7980
6. Alexander Zverev (GER) 6125
7. Andrey Rublev (RUS) 6000
8. Roger Federer (SUI) 5875
9. Diego Schwartzman (ARG) 3765
10. Matteo Berrettini (ITA) 3568
11. Roberto Bautista (ESP) 3090
12. Pablo Carreno (ESP) 3015 (+1)
13. David Goffin (BEL) 2885 (-1)
14. Denis Shapovalov (CAN) 2820
15. Gael Monfils (FRA) 2770
16. Hubert Hurkacz (POL) 2600
17. Grigor Dimitrov (BUL) 2576
18. Jannik Sinner (ITA) 2548 (+1)
19. Milos Raonic (CAN) 2495 (-1)
20. Felix Auger-Aliassime (CAN) 2418