Medical doctors treating West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee, 66, on Thursday stated she suffered extreme “bony accidents” in her left ankle and foot, apart from accidents in proper shoulder, forearm and neck as her supporters blocked roads, burnt tyres and carried out prayers in temples and mosques a day after she was allegedly attacked. Right here is all you’ll want to know in regards to the scenario:
• West Bengal’s Trinamool Congress (TMC) and the Bharatiya Janata Celebration (BJP) traded costs as large-scale protests rocked the poll-bound state over the alleged assault in Nandigram.
• In a number of districts, clashes have been reported between BJP and TMC employees.
• Banerjee went to Nandigram on Wednesday to file her nomination.
• Within the night, she alleged that some folks intentionally attacked and injured her.
• A preliminary investigation by the police and a piece of the eyewitnesses hinted that the accidents could also be the results of an accident.
Additionally Learn | TMC letter after CM damage filled with ‘insinuations, averments’: EC
• The problem snowballed right into a political slugfest with the state’s ruling celebration blaming the BJP for the accidents and the latter accusing Banerjee of orchestrating the incident for sympathy.
• Photographs of Banerjee being carried by her safety personnel and later, mendacity on a hospital mattress together with her leg in plaster, dominated the airwaves and in style dialogue.
• The state goes to the polls roughly three weeks from now.
• “I enchantment to my celebration cadres, supporters, activists and customary folks to keep up peace and calm. It’s true that I used to be badly harm final night time and felt extreme ache within the chest and head… I hope to be again on the sector within the subsequent few days,” Banerjee stated in a video message from her hospital mattress.
• Banerjee, who’s looking for a 3rd time period as chief minister, stated she wouldn’t cancel any scheduled conferences and use a wheelchair if wanted.